Saturday, April 21, 2012

Marketing My e-Books aka Arghhh!

I have to say that I love writing. I love sharing my ideas so that other single parents who are like me, the Working Poor, can find a way to take a nice vacation with their kids without going into debt.

I'm always happy to hear that because of one or a few of my ideas someone else's children had a blast somewhere new. It really is a great feeling! :)

And I want to help more people in the same boat while also earning a living for me and my kids, but how? How do I let those people know that my books exist? How can I transition from a few books being sold each month to what I need to earn as much as I do at my job? And FYI it isn't much, about $1,500 a month before taxes.

My problem is that I don't know what to do, there are so many blogs giving advice for e-Book marketing and I try and read up on ways to get the word out. And maybe it's just that I have yet to choose the right combination of marketing tips that are going to work for me, but I haven't seen any uptick in sales from the few things I have done so far.

I will keep trying through, because if I don't then who will?

Hope your marketing is going well for you :)

No comments:

Here Ye Here Ye!

I have changed my business focus which actually suits my blogs name to a tee. I will be building a business around myself, literally. I am shifting away from trying to start my ebook publishing business with other peoples work and instead I will be writing and publishing my own ebooks on sites like Amazon and Barnes and Nobles etc. While I've been published on Yahoo's Associated Content, I am a newbie through and through when it comes to the new frontier of ebooks. I am so scared I wanna pee my pants, but I am going for it anyway!