Friday, October 8, 2010

Looking for fellow Bloggers with a book idea

For those of you that have been following my blog you know that I have been trying to get my E-book publishing business off the ground for quite a while. Honestly, it has been a lot more difficult than others make it seem. Why am I being so honest? Am I afraid that it will make me and my business look like a failure? NO!

Why? Well, because it's the truth and also because I believe my trials and mistakes can help others in their own small business endeavors.

I think that some of the reasons I have found it difficult to get started and go full force are:

Medical reasons which I am determined not to let control my life anymore

Lack of authors

Lack of motivation since as I mentioned above, I have no authors

For a small publishing house, either traditional or E-book, to create a niche and grow, it needs content. Content by quality writers. And this is where I have been stumped. I was mistakenly under the impression that I could "build it and they will come". Alas, this was not what happened.

The reason I believed this is because I when I was the Editor at Duffie Books (now defunct), the owner, Theresa Carnduff was literally batting them away, the authors I mean. I did the same things she did, I posted an open call for submission on my website, I contacted websites that list publishing houses looking for new authors and I even personally contacted people I thought would be a good match for my company.

To date the only viable submission I got was one I had to turn down due to a medical crisis at the time.

So what is different this time? Well, I sat down and thought about ways to build my business and my brand as the go to online publisher for women that want to start a business as well as for women that want to do fabulous things in their lives but are limited by the restraints of very real shoestring budgets. Things like travel and home makeovers and Shopping outside of local thrift stores for Christmas gifts.

Then I brainstormed and realized that there is a literal goldmine of quality content creators at my fingertips every time I log on to the Internet, writers that are not only experts in their chosen niche but also have a solid readership that can translate into sales. Who are these mystery women?

Blogger's of course!

Why didn't I think of this sooner? Well, I thought of it now. And so I am putting this out to all the wonderful blogger's of the world wide web. If you have quality content on your blog and are interested in writing a book, I would love to hear from you. You can visit my website, Boutique Publications to submit your idea, proposal or manuscript. You can also read more about me as well as read our FAQ and submission page.

And if you yourself are not a blogger but know someone who is, please feel free to send them the link to this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Here Ye Here Ye!

I have changed my business focus which actually suits my blogs name to a tee. I will be building a business around myself, literally. I am shifting away from trying to start my ebook publishing business with other peoples work and instead I will be writing and publishing my own ebooks on sites like Amazon and Barnes and Nobles etc. While I've been published on Yahoo's Associated Content, I am a newbie through and through when it comes to the new frontier of ebooks. I am so scared I wanna pee my pants, but I am going for it anyway!